Real-time flash simulator

Martin Däumler martin.daeumler at s2003.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Jun 22 07:06:36 EDT 2007

Hello Jörn,

On Fri, 22 June 2007 12:24 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:

> I guess the first thing you need to do is define what real-time actually
> means.  In particular you need to define the following:
>
> [...]
>
> Once you have this, it is possible to determine whether some storage
> stack (filesystem, middle layers, hardware) can fulfill your
> requirements, or how it would need to be changed to do so.
>
> Alternatively you can go the other way and take a given storage stack,
> trying to determine the characteristics of it.

that is what I do at the moment. The resulting flash file system should
have low-fluctuating latencies. Of course, the overall performance
should not be that bad (it has to be scaleable as well). But it seems I
have to write a real-time capable flash simulator at first ;).

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Martin