cfi_cmdset_0001 get_chip()put_chip() contender/loaner, what does it do?

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Tue Jun 12 10:34:35 EDT 2007

In the beginning of get_chip() and put_chip for the cfi_cmdset_0001
driver there is this "fight" over access to the chip that I don't
understand. Why is it there and why don't the other drivers need it?

This construct has been there for a long time and git blame does not
tell me the author of this code. I can see though that
Nicolas Pitre(CC:ed) fixed something in this code long time ago.

 Jocke