jffs2 eraseblock size, and actual flash device eraseblock size

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Wed Jul 11 16:08:46 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 July 2007 14:55:31 -0400, Chuck Meade wrote:

> Any ideas at all on this?  I am looking for input on the following:
> 1. If it is a workable solution to have the same jffs2 image being used
>    on devices of two different erase block sizes.

Unlikely.

> 2. If so, which is the preferrable method, to generate the jffs2 image
>    specifying the smaller or the larger of the two erase block sizes,
>    and why?

If you choose the larger size you will have data loss.  The smaller size
may or may not work.  I leave the required analysis to you.  I'd bet
small coins against you, large notes if you have summary enabled on your
image.

Jörn

--
When people work hard for you for a pat on the back, you've got
to give them that pat.