[Questions] about NFTL

He Yong hoffer1127 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:04:35 EDT 2007

Hi,all

I am in trouble when I want mount different types of fs on mtd->nand
devices' different partitions.
I want use yaffs2 on partition-1,2 for application and FAT on
partition-3 for data.
in order to build FAT on NAND devices, I knew I need a Flash
Translation Layer, then I found NFTL in kernel(2.6.20) MTD menu, but
I saw the comments of the NFTL module, it says "it's for M-Systems
DiskOnChip 2000 and Millennium". Does NFTL support normal NAND driver?

I tried to use nftl in one of my Nand partitions, in init, the kernel shows:
0x10000000-0x18000000 : "nftl"
mtd: Giving out device 4 to nftl
NFTL: add_mtd for nftl
Could not find valid boot record
NFTL: could not mount device

I found that the nftl partition needs to be formatted.
but, in mtd-utils' nftl_format.c I found that it only supports erase
size less than 0x8000( that is 32 KB), and 512B page size. does NFTL
has a large (2KB) page version?  or I need chenge some codes to
support 2KB Flash?

Thanks!

--He Yong

--