samsung nand jffs2 errors

eugene.kozlov at promwad.com eugene.kozlov at promwad.com
Fri Jan 19 09:39:27 EST 2007

Hi howhowwork

Yes i use flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd/1 as you can see it in nanddump i
just forgot to write it in message

For me its not a clear to understand what is happening because when i
increase chip_delay - it not solve the problem but using delay between
jffs2_check_nand_cleanmarker solve this.

I have some question:
In nand.h:
 * @dev_ready:          [BOARDSPECIFIC] hardwarespecific function for
accesing device ready/busy line
 *                      If set to NULL no access to ready/busy is
available and the ready/busy information
 *                      is read from the chip status register

But i see only using chip_delay when ready/busy pin not available:
                if (!this->dev_ready) {
                        udelay (this->chip_delay);
                        return;
                }
So i need to realise in hardwarespicific function @dev_ready read from the
chip status register or this should be done in nand_base.c?????
Because if first it's need to implement read things from nand_base.c in
hardwarespecific function and this not good practice!!!!

thanx