OneNAND: Always print error messages

Kyungmin Park kyungmin.park at samsung.com
Fri Jan 19 03:21:12 EST 2007

------- Original Message -------
Sender : Adrian Hunter<ext-adrian.hunter at nokia.com>
Date   : Jan 19, 2007 17:02
Title  : Re: OneNAND: Always print error messages

ext Kyungmin Park wrote:
>> Is it possible to get an ECC error when scanning a bad block?
>
> Theoretical it's possible but I never see it.

I like to program all the corner cases.

>> If a load error occurs when scanning a bad block, does that mean the dataRAM
>> has been updated or not?
>
> scanning a bad block means read oob so we don't update dataRAM. In onenand implementation. we always invalid dataRAM in oob case.

I meant the dataRAM spare area: 8010h - 804fh in the bufferRAM address map.

After a load error, will this:

		this->read_bufferram(mtd, ONENAND_SPARERAM, buf, column, thislen);

read the what was meant to be loaded, or will it still contain the data from a previous load?

=> It depends on load error timings. but we think it is always invalid.
load error means that there's error during load from nand core to bufferram.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park