OneNAND: Always print error messages

Adrian Hunter ext-adrian.hunter at nokia.com
Fri Jan 19 03:02:42 EST 2007

ext Kyungmin Park wrote:
>> Is it possible to get an ECC error when scanning a bad block?
>
> Theoretical it's possible but I never see it.

I like to program all the corner cases.

>> If a load error occurs when scanning a bad block, does that mean the dataRAM
>> has been updated or not?
>
> scanning a bad block means read oob so we don't update dataRAM. In onenand implementation. we always invalid dataRAM in oob case.

I meant the dataRAM spare area: 8010h - 804fh in the bufferRAM address map.

After a load error, will this:

		this->read_bufferram(mtd, ONENAND_SPARERAM, buf, column, thislen);

read the what was meant to be loaded, or will it still contain the data from a previous load?