__user removed from mtd-abi.h

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Tue Jan 16 07:04:21 EST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 08:21 +0100, Ricard Wanderlof wrote:
> #ifndef __KERNEL__
> #define __user
> #endif
>
> has been removed from mtd-abi.h . I appreciate the reason, but I'm not
> sure how to include this file in userspace now and get it to compile
> properly.

The idea is that you cannot _directly_ include this file from user-space
now. You first have to run the 'make headers_install' command. Basically,
this command removes user-space-incompatible things like '_user' from the
headers that are supposed to be included from user-space, and then you may
used the _processed_ headers in you user-space programs.