Flash Endianess

Chandrasekhar Nagaraj chandrasekhar_n at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 01:41:59 EST 2007

Hi,

I have the following questions with regard to flash endianness. I
have a big endian processor based board; so I want to make
sure that I have the processor-flash interface with respect to
endianness correct before I start on the actual work.

1) Does a flash chip by itself have any endianness? If so what is
the endian mode of Intel/flash chips?

2) Also does CFI have anything to say about flash endian?

3) Is there any documentation on the endian support inside MTD
code?(with respect to CFI queries and actual data)

Also any things I need to watch out on the board schematics with
respect to endianness?

Thanks and Regards
Chandrasekhar