OneNAND: read-while-load

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Fri Jan 5 05:54:58 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 09:58 +0000, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> Yes, We already knew read-while-loading has better performance than normal read.
> Internally we called it 'MRead' (refer another OneNAND open source in samsung web site)

It is true that JFFS2 is currently the main user. But it may be changed
in the future. Also one day one can teach JFFS2 to maintain larger nodes
with, say 16K or more bytes of data. And BTW, UBI reads whole
eraseblocks when making wear-leveling, so it would also benefit.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)