UBI Tools - problem with multiple ubi devices.

Frank Haverkamp haver at vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 28 17:08:52 EST 2007

Hi Alex & John,

thanks for taking care. I included it in my git. I also reworked my git
to be based on the mtd-utils.git again. I will start there now to use
the ubi branch for the changes we want to try out before Josh can take
them into the offical mtd-utils.git/ubi.

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 10:29 +0100, Alexander Schmidt wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007, John Smith wrote:
> > In
> > GIT:      users/haver/mtd-utils.git
> > File:     ubi-utils/src/libubi.c
> > Function: get_ubi_info
> >
> > The code counts the number of UBI volumes by looking for files called
> >
> >   /sys/class/ubi0, /sys/class/ubi1, ...
> >
> > but the files are actually
> >
> >   /sys/class/ubi/ubi0, ...
> >
> > The count starts from 1 (probably also wrong), so is usable if there is a
> > single UBI device. But if there is more than one UBI device, tools like
> > ubimkvol fail.

John, thanks for pointing this out. Feel free to send us a patch in
addition to your bug-report. If it works we can immediately include it.
Pleaes let us know if it works for you now.

> Hi John,
>
> thanks for pointing this out.

> Frank, please review and commit.

Thanks, looks good to me, included.