MTD driver for ATMEL AT49BV642D flash chip

sam nathan sam-natha at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 14:54:52 EST 2007

MTD driver for ATMEL AT49BV642D flash chip

I am working with a board based on ATMEL AT91RM9200 micro.
This board uses the ATMEL flash part AT49BV642D [8MByte,
16 bit wide flash]. I am using the linux distribution
2.4.27-vrs1.

I'm relatively new to MTD in Linux and  I am trying to
build a jffs2 file system on AT49BV642D flash.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there any matching MTD driver for Atmel AT49BV642D
parallel flash?

2. I learn from ATMEL's datasheet that this chip supports
CFI. Does CFI detection  work for Atmel AT49BV642D?
Has anyone  been able to make the CFI detection working for
AT49BV642D using 2.4.27-vrs1? If so, can you provide some
insight into this?

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
S.

Refi Now: Rates near 39yr lows!  $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-17727&moid=7581