Maturity of JFFS2 + MTD NAND Flash Support?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 18:33:24 EST 2007

On 2/26/07, Johnson, Charles F <charles.f.johnson at intel.com> wrote:
> Of the ONFI 1.0 spec, section 5, page 39 describes the command set.  I
> assume you'd need a MTD driver to implement this command set ?

Yes, MTD would need to use those opcodes to talk to an ONFI compliant
chip.  But that is
still more of a HW detail.  It's really no different than supporting
any other chip.  And from
what I can tell, most of those opcodes are already used in MTD.  So
basically, someone
would have to try and use MTD on an OFNI compliant chip and see what's lacking.

josh