fsync problem with mtd device and jffs2

Tobias Arp tobiasarp at web.de
Mon Feb 12 03:14:56 EST 2007

Hi,

am using linux-2.6.13-ep93xx-gao66 on my edb9315 board and i am using
jffs2 on a mtd device (AT49BV322DT flash). Sometimes when i copy a file
to this device it is not completly written although i have made fsync or
sync. But when i decrease the dirty_writeback_centisecs time it is
always completely written.
Why does fsync or sync not work? Is it a good way to solve the problem
by decreasing dirty_writeback_centisecs time or do i have to decrease
the dirty_expire_centisecs time too? Normally it is only written to this
device during my firmware updates. So its nor really often accessed.
Sorry for posting this message agin on this list, but i thought it would
be the better place for it.
Regards

Tobias