Do not understand use of oobfree

Philip Rakity prakity at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 11:10:08 EST 2007

I am still a little confused about oobfree and jffs2.  So, Jffs2 knows
about the physical layout of the out of band area -- does not treat it
as a logical linear memory area?  The driver does not hide the layout
by providing a linear mapping to jffs2 ?  oobfree tells jffs2 where it
can put its data ?

Philip

http://git.infradead.org/?p=users/dedekind/dedekind-mtd-2.6.git;a=summary