Limited support of NAND features in MTD.

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at
Wed Dec 19 06:57:23 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 10:52 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 10:49 +0000, Alexey Korolev wrote:
> > Hmm I did not heard about this. Could you please give more details on
> > how partial page read can suffer from lack of ECC?
> If your ECC covers the whole page, you have to read the whole page in
> order to check ECC.
> Of course, if you do ECC in sub-pages in the first place, you can read
> only a single ECC block. But you still can't just read arbitrary byte
> ranges.

Sure, but as the guys showed, even this gives substantial JFFS2
performance growth. Providing their figures are correct, subpage reads
are more then worth using.

Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)