Direct Access to flash chips

John Klonatos megaklon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:30:46 EDT 2007

Goodmorning,

         I am new to flash technology. From what i understand so far
in order to use the mtd layer, one must have direct access to the
flash chip.
         If this is correct in the first place, i would like to know
how one can achieve this kind of direct connection. I have searched
through the web and so far nothing. I know there are card flash
readers (SmartMedia and Xd-Picture) but what the host system see is
the usb interface.
       So, is there a (free) platform available to make possible this
type of direct connection. Or it is enough to use the usb
interface/protocol.

Thanks in advanced.