jffs2 kernel dump with 2.6.22-rc7

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 17:42:45 EDT 2007

On 8/17/07, giulio fedel <giulio.fedel at andorsystems.com> wrote:
> In jffs2_do_unlink() in fs/jffs2/write.c
> the jffs2_complete_reservation(c) is called even if
> jffs2_reserve_space() is not called. This cause an unmatched
> up(&c->alloc_sem) so the locking mechanism does not work.
> People using MTD_CAP_NORFLASH flash _and_ CONFIG_JFFS2_SUMMARY do not
> see the problem (see  os-linux.h for the definition of
> jffs2_can_mark_obsolete(c)).
>
> I think this is your problem (it was the mine).

Hm.  That would be a regression introduced by commit
a491486a2087ac3dfc00efb4f838c8d684afaf54 I think.

Your patch seems like the correct fix.  Could you make it a strip
level of 1 and add the appropriate Signed-off-by line?  If so, we
should probably push this to -stable for 2.6.22 and be sure to get it
into 2.6.23.

josh