DiskOnChip 2000 (DOC 2000) woes.

Andy Kennedy akennedy at techmoninc.com
Thu Aug 9 14:00:45 EDT 2007

Bob Beers wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Andy Kennedy <akennedy at techmoninc.com> wrote:
>

>> root at winsys:~# modprobe nftl
>> root at winsys:~# fdisk /dev/nftla
>>

> Have you tried compiling the MTD, MTD_NAND, MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP
>  parts into the kernel rather than as modules?
>
> If you do that, what kind of dmesg output do you get related to MTD?

Did that.  Changed over when I found something that someone suggested on
the list about making sure that you run nftl_format on the /dev/mtd0
before you load the nftl module.  Attempted this and it didn't work.
Just haven't put the nftl back in the kernel yet.  The output, however,
of the module was NFTL was nftla:  Unknown partition table.