LogFS take five

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Aug 8 12:27:17 EDT 2007

Hi Jörn,

On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 18:12 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> It has been a while, mainly because I found a bunch of races and didn't
> want to publish anything before those were fixed.  Patch is still
> against 2.6.21 and just for review.

I'm very interested how do you account free/dirty space in LogFS:

* When you need to write new data, how do you select the place where to
write?
* When you run out of space, how do select find the segment to
garbage-collect?

For any given segment (or eraseblock), how do you find amount of free
and dirty space in it?

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)