JFFS2 partitions on a part of Flash.

Manish Dusane manish2312 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:06:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

For my project, I am using only a part of flash (~50% of 8MB), with 4
jffs2 partitions. I have made the necessary changes, but jffs2 mount fails.

'jffs2_scan_medium' during scan the non-jffs2 erase-blocks and ignore
(with ''Magic BitMask not found" errors). After that the scanning
should proceed and the partitions should be get mounted correctly. I
have taken care of return values, ensuring the scan-errors do not fail
the mount.

Has anyone tried this before ? Am i missing something here ?

Would really appreciate any insights.

TIA,
- Manish