Strange JFFS2 Cleanmarker on NAND

Semih Hazar semih.hazar at indefia.com
Sat Apr 28 08:57:59 EDT 2007

Semih Hazar wrote:
> I re-run the above step (without -j and with -j) and now cleanmarkers
> are ok and I can mount it.

Well It seems that this behavior is totally random. I did these steps
lots of times, and sometimes the cleanmarker is written as:
ff ff 19 85 20 05 00 00  00 18 65 fa fd 45 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

and sometimes written as:
ff ff 19 85 20 03 00 00 00 08 ff ff ff ff ff ff
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

Does the first one have any meaning or is it some messed up data ?