Slow NAND + JFFS2

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Wed Apr 25 12:09:26 EDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:36:26 +0300
Semih Hazar <semih.hazar at indefia.com> wrote:

> akorolev wrote:
> > You may try to clarify if compression is off.
> Setting compression mode to "no compression" speeds it a lot.
> This time copying a 40 meg file takes 21 seconds. (from NAND to NAND as
> in the first case)

Interesting. I suspect the zlib code might thrash the TLB quite a bit
on the ap7000 because of the rather large workspace struct which is
allocated using vmalloc().

Until we get around to supporting larger page sizes for vmalloc, could
you try a different compressor (assuming you're currently using zlib)?

Haavard