OOPS at mount

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Apr 25 12:07:38 EDT 2007

I've just committed something to the git tree which should fix the
symptoms --and I think it should apply OK to 2.6.20 which predates other
improvements in read_inode().

We should still work out the _cause_ though. Once you've confirmed that
this patch avoids the crash, you'll know the inode number (because it'll
bitch about it). If you don't want to wait for a full
CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 run, can you enable all the output in
jffs2_get_inode_nodes() _just_ for that inode, and show me what nodes
are found?

It sounds like some nodes have gone missing, leaving you with _only_ a
metadata node -- with no data of its own, just other inode information
including a non-zero i_size.

--
dwmw2