Different erase block sizes in a JFFS2 partion.

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Thu Sep 28 17:55:17 EDT 2006

Got multiple NOR chips with top and bottom boot blocks with diffrent EB size
then the rest of the blocks.
I want to put a JFFS2 FS spanning over several chips which makes the FS
cross top/bottom boot blocks.
Since(last I looked) JFFS2 can't deal with diffrent EB sizes on the same
partition I need do something about it.
I want to use point()/unpoint() and a cached memory mapping for burst access
and I don't know how to do that yet and I would like some ideas.

One idea I have is to reserve the boot blocks with a new type of JFFS2
node(similar to JFFS2_FEATURE_ROCOMPAT) that spans the whole boot block.
JFFS2 should not try to move or delete nodes of this type. Not sure
if thats a good idea or if its hard to impl. yet.

Better ideas anyone?