Again 2.6.18-RC6 XScale P30 issues

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Sat Sep 9 18:00:49 EDT 2006

Nils Faerber wrote:
> not the issue here. If it would be I would get the other "unable to
> write to locked sector" error.

Yes, you're probably right about that.
> Instead the fs gets permanently corrupted, i.e. data is written and the
> written data is wrong.

hmmm,,,didn't realise it was getting permanently corrupted.
> Last night I found that the JFFS2 write cache is configured. I will
> disable that now and see if that helps - I have the impression that the
> fs may contain half-baked stuff after a write. On the other hand, the
> JFFS2 write cache is not marked as an experimental feature so I thought
> I should be safe...

Can't speak from experience here as I don't have write cache enabled,
but I don't imagine you'd lose the whole fs if you were using write
cache and lost power.  I suspect you'd just lose your changes or maybe
the file that was being updated.

Justin.