Intel P30, locked sectors?

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Wed Sep 6 10:16:17 EDT 2006

Nils Faerber wrote:
> I had hoped that the P30 chips would be supported now, but it seems they
> are not fully. How can I unlock the sectors, if that is really the issue
> here.

P30 flash is supported in that it supports CFI.  You can read and write
to it as long as it's unlocked.  CFI does not support automatic
unlocking, it assumes if it's locked, it's locked for a reason.  The
bootloader has to ensure that the sectors occupied by the rootfs are
unlocked before mounting the filesystem.  We're using P30 here without
problems.

Justin.