bad .eccbytes from MEMGETOOBSEL / ECCGETLAYOUT

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Tue Oct 17 10:40:01 EDT 2006

When using the now obsolete MEMGETOOBSEL ioctl to get ECC info,
the mtd shipped with Linux 2.6.18 seems to return garbage in the
nand_oobinfo.eccbytes structure. Looking in the code in the latest GIT
source it indeed seems like this field is never filled in.

I tried to obtain similar info from the new ECCGETLAYOUT ioctl, but again
the nand_ecclayout.eccbytes field appears to contain garbage, as does the
.eccpos[] array. I've checked that the ioctl code actually copies
something to the userspace struct but have not dived deeper into what the
'something' actually contains.

Is this interface something that is in the process of getting implemented,
or has something broken along the way?

/Ricard