CFI support for dual-die (2x256) 512mbit strataflash

Crane, Matt Matt.Crane at christiedigital.com
Mon Oct 16 08:18:59 EDT 2006

I'm trying to use a 512mbit intel strataflash chip in a new embedded linux
system we're developing with a 2.6.12 kernel running on a coldfire 5475.

The flash uses two dies on a single chip with virtual chip enable.  I would
like to be able to use the cfi probe on both dies.  Right now probing it
returns the cfi information for the first die, and works fine for that half
of the flash.   The datasheet for the flash refers to the "CFI link field"
at the end of the cfi structure, which I'm thinking is what I need to
access.

Does anybody know the best way to incorporate the 2-die flash with mtd?   Is
there cfi-link support/info/source somewhere maybe?