New JFFS2 code needs upgrade to zlib. Zlib where is it/does it go?

Glen Johnson gjohnson at valcom.com
Mon Nov 20 15:16:45 EST 2006

Linux-mtd,
I am trying to upgrade JFFS2 code for uClinux-dist so that I can use
it.  I have found it depends on the latest libz.a (version 1.2.3).  I
downloaded zlib and copied it into the uClinux-dist/lib/zlib directory.
This upgrades libz.a in uClinux-dist/lib directory.  In addition to this
I compiled zlib-1.2.3 and installed on my developing host system.  So it
is also in /usr/local/lib/zlib.a, as recommended on-line.  The cross
compiler looks in /usr/local//m68k-uclinux/... for libz.a and zlib.h.
When I try to compile it never sees my new zlib in the host
/usr/local/lib/zlib.a nor in the ./uClinux-dist/lib/zlib.a.
What else do I need to do?
Thanks,
Glen Johnson