compression tests in jffs2

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Sat Nov 18 07:44:39 EST 2006

Hi Matías,

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 19:06 -0300, Matías Zabaljáuregui wrote:
> Hello, I'm interested in doing some tests on jffs2 compression
> algorithms (CPU, RAM, and compression ratio), and I've two questions:

sounds promising!

> - recompiling the jffs2 module is the only way to reconfigure the
> compression behaviour?

Yes at the moment. But adding dynamic and per-file compression so would
cool.

> - Is there any documentation about using comprtest.c ?

Unfortunately no. There are not a lot of JFFS2 documentation. You'll
need to dig the sources which are somewhat not very easy to dig. Feel
free to ask questions.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)