JFFS2 tools

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Nov 15 10:01:46 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 15:29 +0200, Elias wrote:
> I wonder if there are any tools for the jffs2 that can report various
> information about the file system and flash chip that it resides on,
> such as the structure of the dirty,clean and free blocks, the total
> data structure of the flash chip, as well as the physical allocation
> of data on the chip. Are there any?

Yeah, it would be nice to have such a debugging/analysis tool, but I am
not aware of any. There is JFFS2 dump which can dump the FS and you may
write a script which will provide you the needed information by means of
parsing its output. But beware the tool may be outdated. I am not sure
if it understands summary and xattr stuff which went to JFFS2 rather
recently.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)