Command line partition support in 2.6

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Wed Nov 8 20:26:12 EST 2006

Greetings

I'm just moving from a 2.4 to 2.6 kernel and am trying to make sense of
the command line partition support. In 2.4 I added a definition in
maps/physmap.c

struct map_info physmap_map = {
	.name = "asif",
	.size = CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_LEN,
	.buswidth = CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_BUSWIDTH,
	.phys = CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START,
};

and used a kernel command line of the form:
      mtdparts=asif:64K(param),3008K(jffs),256K(u-boot),-(kernel)

to partition the flash.

What is the equivalent procedure now? All the documentation seems to
skim over NOR straight into NAND and all the example maps I've looked at
use a fixed partition map rather than a command line one.

I'm sure its really simple but it beats me at the moment!!

Cheers

--
Robin

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.