OneNAND on PXA-270?

Pete MacKay linux at architechnical.net
Wed Nov 8 12:44:37 EST 2006

Hi,

We're evaluating the Samsung OneNAND to replace the NAND and NOR chips in
our PXA-270-based device.  We're using 2.6.18 and it looks like the MTD
drivers are there, and we understand a little about x-loader and u-boot
sharing the first 128K block.  Does anyone have experience booting Linux
from the OneNAND on a PXA machine?  Specifically, we're interested in:

1) flashing the OneNAND over JTAG (we use Abatron bdi-2000)
2) how to modify u-boot, if needed, to be entered by x-load
3) JFFS2 performance, funky mkfs parameters/caveats

The version of x-load that I found online has support for three OMAP
boards and no cpu/pxa folder (which I assume is taken straight from
u-boot).  Can someone send source for x-load adopted to their pxa machine?

Please let me know your experiences with this part and what we can expect
as we evaluate a board turn.

Thanks Much,
Pete MacKay