NOR Flash on at91rm9200 status?

Andrew Victor andrew at sanpeople.com
Wed Nov 1 01:37:02 EST 2006

hi Aras,

> looking at your Linux-2.6-at91 patch status page it shows:
> "NOR Flash  	 unknown  	 ?"
>
> Is this still accurate? I understand that the Cogent boards use NOR Flash with
> the at91rm9200. Does that mean the NOR Flash drivers are all working fine, or
> do they only work with the Strataflash parts?

The only AT91RM9200-based board I have with NOR flash is an
AT91RM9200-DK.  On that board the flash chips (Atmel AT49BV1614) is not
detected properly - worked fine in 2.4 though.

I haven't had any other reports of NOR flash not working, so I assume it
is something particular with the DK board and/or the AT49BV1614.

Regards,
  Andrew Victor