JFFS2 Control Mode Program on Sibley

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Thu May 25 09:47:33 EDT 2006

Davide CASCONE wrote:
> Does JFFS2 use the Control Mode Program on Sibley device? After a my preliminary analysis, it seems that only the Object Mode Program is used. Is it right?

That is correct Davide. the reason for that is that in Control mode, one
of the A/B halfs cannot be written, in short we only get 16 bits of
contiguous data in memory.

The neagitve part of using only Object mode is that Of the programming
regions/sector, we loose one complete region for the cleanmarker..
something like 128K(? dont remember off hand) for 8/12 bytes of
cleanmarker/EBH and hence the implementation using write buffering
(something we do on nand-like flash devices) on M18 flashes.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon