struct jffs2_xattr_datum/jffs2_xattr_ref/jffs2_inode_cache

KaiGai Kohei kaigai at ak.jp.nec.com
Tue May 23 00:05:00 EDT 2006

>> By the way, I have a question about an usage for jffs2_reserve_space().
>>
>> Is it permitted to allocate a space for multi nodes by a single
>> calling of jffs2_reserve_space()?
>> I tried to allocate a space for xattr_datum and xattr_ref by a single
>> calling of jffs2_reserve_space(), and it seems to work without any
>> troubles.
>
> Yes, it works. But if you have space for just the xattr_datum at the end
> of the eraseblock, it's better to write that in the available space and
> then write the xattr_ref to the next eraseblock.

OK, I agreed an increasion of wasted size should be avoided if possible.

> By the way, we should implement support for retrying writes in
> save_xattr_datum() and save_xattr_ref(). See how jffs2_write_dnode() and
> jffs2_write_dirent() do it, for example.

When we implement support for retrying write in those functions,
xattr_sem must be released once at least. If there is no problem
related to exclusion, I'll adopt retrying approach.

Currently, I'm checking whether it's safe or not.

Thanks,
--
Open Source Software Promotion Center, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai at ak.jp.nec.com>