latest patch download

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 22 09:16:58 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 14:57 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> How can we determine the "not anything new" state? :)

git-diff origin.. | wc -l

Oh, wait... _its_ version of 'origin' will of course still be older.

But if I just configure gitweb with a _static_ list of 'parent trees' to
use for the 'not anything new' state, that's fine. If the tree in
question is a strict subset of _any_ of the listed 'parent trees', then
it's not interesting.

We can probably do even better than that -- we can look at what's in
remotes/origin and use that instead.

Actually, half those trees don't have remotes/origin at the moment --
but that's easily fixed. I have to create the list of repositories with
a script _anyway_, because it has to go looking in users' ~/public_git
directories. So I suppose I can make that script _ignore_ any repos
without it.

Actually, I'd like to group repos in the display according to their
parent. So all the repos based on mtd-2.6.git would be together, all the
repos based on mtd-utils.git would be together, and then the ones
without a matching parent would be in another group.

We could even put the intended parent into the index.aux file so that
gitweb doesn't have to work that out for itself.

> Does sorting it by age doesn't do what you are looking for?
>   http://git.infradead.org/?o=age

Hm, didn't know _that_ existed either. Is there documentation I haven't
been paying attention to?

--
dwmw2