Duplication of dirent names in JFFS2 summary

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Fri May 19 07:57:41 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 01:44 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Another possibility might be to omit the full name from the summary, but
> to store only the hash (or name_crc) instead. We hardly ever actually
> need the full name -- it's only used if there's a hash collision, in
> jffs2_add_fd_to_list().

About reading names during scanning.

The only reason why we read direntry names during scanning is to find
out which directory entries were deleted. There is no other reason to
read names.

Let's think if we may avoid reading direntry names at all. Yes, it is
possible I think - we just have to postpone this for later. But I don't
see a simple way do do this. Ideas?

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,