JFFS2 on Sibley

Davide CASCONE davide.cascone at st.com
Wed May 17 09:25:34 EDT 2006

I'm working to support Sibley devices in Linux OS with the JFF2 file system.

I have patched my Linux 2.6.16 OS with the latest snapshot downloaded at the following web address

http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/people/dwmw2/mtd/cvs/

After the boot, the Operating System mounts correctly the JFFS2 file system on the Sibley device and it seems to work properly (for example, a new file has been correctly created and/or deleted). But, when I reboot the system, I can see some Warning Messages during the file system mount phase:

>Empty flash at 0x000cd808 ends at 0x000cdc00
>jffs2_scan_dirent_node(): Name CRC failed on node at 0x000cdfd8: Read
>0xebaf74d5, calculated 0x44660075 JFFS2 notice: (12) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x000cf000: read 0xe49530c6, calculated 0xe6751c2f.

The file system still works properly. So, I have the following questions:
1. Do you have some suggestion to solve my problem?
2. With my patch it seems that the headers are not correctly written. Do you know anything about it?
3. Do you know if a most recent patch is available?

Thanks in advance for any kind of support.

Best Regards,
Davide