CRC errors when continuous fseek/fputs on JFFS2

syed khader khader_s_s at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 11:15:56 EDT 2006

Hi,
   I am finding this strange problem.
I am running the following piece of code :

int main()
{
   FILE *fp;
   int i;
   fp = fopen("/var/mnt/testfile","w");
   for(i =0 ; i < 100000 ; i++)
   {
   fputs("xxxx", fp);
   fseek(fp, -4, SEEK_CUR);
   fputs("xx", fp);
  }
   fclose(fp);
}

  JFFS2 is mounted on /var/mnt. While the program is
running I am getting CRC errors like this:

Data CRC 6c48916e != calculated CRC 11ebde1b for node
at 000e0a68

   If  I am not doing fseek above and just add writing
to file in the loop I dont see any CRC errors.
   Pleae let me know what is happening here. Is JFFS2
running out of buffers or something?
   BTW I am using uclinux2.4.24 JFFS2.2 on a ARM7
board

Regards
Syed