NAND/JFFS2 utility tools.

Han Chang posaune at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 14:17:00 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to make use of the utility tools, such as mkfs.jffs2,
flash_eraseall, flash_erase, flash_info, nanddump, etc.. Except the
mkfs.jffs2, looks like other tools are using the mtdchar's ioctl.

When I enable the NAND driver, it creates the partition and puts entries as
/dev/mtd2 and /dev/mtdblock2. I usually use the /dev/mtdblock2 for "dd" or
"mount -t jffs2".

Now, I realized those tools don't work with /dev/mtdblock2, so i tried
/dev/mtd2, which is the char driver. For flash_info, which tries to open
/dev/mtd2 in RDONLY mode, it opened file ok, but got msg "Device /dev/mtd2
has 0 erase regions". For flash_erase and flash_eraseall, which try to open
/dev/mtd2 in RDWR mode, it got "File open error".

Anyone has any advices on making these tools working?

Thanks,
Han