Getting Erro Message: CFI:Hello Found no mm6p_flash.0 device at location zero

Ushit Kumar ukumar at neomagic.com
Wed May 10 01:42:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to write a NOR flash driver for a Arm 926 based SOC.  The code
sequence I am trying to execute is as follows:
        info->map.size          = size;
      info->map.bankwidth     = 4;//plat->width;
      info->map.phys          = res->start;
      info->map.virt          = base;
      info->map.name          = dev->dev.bus_id;
      info->map.set_vpp       = mm6p_flash_set_vpp;
        info->mtd = do_map_probe("cfi_probe", &info->map);
      if (!info->mtd) {
                err = -ENXIO;
                printk("Error do_map_probe\n:");
                goto no_device;
        }

The error message I get is:
"CFI:Hello  Found no mm6p_flash.0 device at location zero". On digging
through the MTD layer, I see that the genprobe_new_chip() call fails.
Unfortunately at this point I am somewhat lost.

Is this a configuration issue, or do I have do to some other setup?

Thanks,

Ushit