2.6 and IXDP425

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Mon May 8 22:24:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

We are trying to port kernel 2.6 from snapgear depot (snapgear 3,3
version) on our IXDP425 based board.

I am not being able to get MTD partitions mapped. I don;t see my
traces from cfi_cmdset0001.c file itself coming up.
I am suspecting some wrong configuration option I am missing or something.

Exact Error is:
IXP4XX-Flash.0: failed to claim resource 0
blkmtd: error missing 'device' name
VFS: Cannot open root device "mtdblock4"
Kernel panic ..

Has anyone else also experienced this ? Any pointers on how to get past this ?
Can someone send me his .config for comparison ?

TIA,
Alfred