setup cfi flash for linux

Hiroki Kaminaga kaminaga at sm.sony.co.jp
Mon Mar 27 22:59:32 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm implementing snapshot boot for OSK5912 target.

It's basically extract system snapshot image, do init/setup at boot loader,
and jump to kernel resume entry point.

Details here:
http://linux.omap.com/pipermail/linux-omap-open-source/2006-March/006599.html

I'm using linux version 2.6.11, cfi_cmdset_0001.c.
Currently, I get this message from linux:
MUX: initialized PWL
Restarting tasks... done
waiting for erase at 00240000 to complete timed out. status = 0, Xstatus = 80.
mtdblock: erase of region [0x0, 0x20000] on "filesystem" failed
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock3, sector 256
~/kaminaga #

(apart from this, command gets executed, and ping/telnet from host is
working fine.)

read/write from/to flash is working in uboot, (md.[bwl], mw.[bwl]), so
I guess I have missed the additional setups done by linux kernel.

Could someone tell me init/setup steps I have to take to enable flash?
(or should these be done by mtd resume() method?)

Thanks in advcance.

(Hiroki Kaminaga)