2.6.16 compile error with latest cvs mtd source

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:10:24 EST 2006

On 3/23/06, Mirco Fuchs <mircofuchs at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a problem compiling the 2.6.16 kernel for my csb637 board. I think this
> is an mtd related question because it works without patching the kernel
> against the  mtd source code.
>
> I have gcc 3.4.4 and binutils 2.16 and glibx 2.3.5.
>
> The first step was compiling the 2.6.16 kernel without patching against the
> mtd cvs sources. --> The compilation was successfull.
>
> But patching the kernel against the head of the mtd cvs repo resulted in the
> following warnings and errors:
>
> (I used the command 'patchkernel.sh -2cyv $KERNELDIR' for patching)

Did you enable CONFIG_OBSOLETE_INTERMODULE in your .config?  That was
added in the 2.6.16 kernel because the inter_module stuff should
really go away sometime.

Alternatively, the MTD subsystem should also probably select that
Kconfig option so users don't see this.  But MTD needs a sync anyway.

josh