cfi 0001

Tomas Tomas2003 at home.se
Tue Mar 21 06:43:45 EST 2006

Hi,

There are 2 things that I didn't expect:

First that the flash allways seems to be in non-readable
state after a write. It will not change state until a read
is performed. This might be by design for performance?
The cfi-driver uses the buffered write and then
returns. Next time the cfi-driver is called it checks
if the operation done before was completed
and issue the current task?

The second thing is that it whole flash is put
into a non-readable state in a write operation.
I have partition the flash in several partition
by using physmap. I don't know how the cfi flash
works but shoudn't it be possible to work on sector basis?

Thanks in advance, Tomas