cfi 0001

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 20 10:26:55 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 16:22 +0100, Wolfgang Mües wrote:
> Am Montag, 20. März 2006 16:12 schrieb Tomas E:
> > I have a problem with writing to a Intel Strata flash
> > and then doing a warm reset.

Define 'warm reset'. Why isn't the reset line to the flash being
asserted?

> Hmmm... seems to be the status register?

Yes, that's expected.

> Is there a function in the mtd subsystem that misses a read array
> command at the end of a flash function?

No. You'd still be able to break it by resetting at the wrong time, and
by having a half-arsed hack to stick it back in read mode at the end of
each operation, you'd only _hide_ that problem. It's better for people
to notice their error and fix up their reset sequence properly.

--
dwmw2