why can't kernel read from NAND/SMC device?

Selmeci, Tamas tamas.selmeci at siemens.com
Fri Mar 17 03:23:55 EST 2006

[can't mount root fs (cramfs) from SMC, complaining about ECC read errors]

Aubrey wrote:

> Did you erase the whole root file system partition before you write
> the filesystem image to it?

No - actually there's no such option in Vivi bootloader. It simply copies root fs image to the card, and I think, it performs the needed erase operations.

I think the problem isn't this, because using 2.4.18-rmk7 kernel, everything works. I think I'll have to examine that code for SMC functions...

Bye