cmdlinepart.c patch

Chuck Meade chuckmeade at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 12 19:07:09 EST 2006

> > The attached patch defines the "unspecified offset" value as 0xffffffff and
> > makes the changes needed to support partitions that explicitly start at
> > offset 0x0, but are not necessarily listed first on the cmdline.
>
> I don't have any objections against your patch.  And seeing that it
> was submitted at least three times without any other objections
> either, it looks like it could go in.
>
> And it also appears to indicate that few people care much about
> cmdline.c. ;)
>
> Any objections against inclusion?

Hi Jörn,

I received email on this patch from Atsushi Nemoto, who submitted the earlier
patches for the same problem.  His patch has a couple of other nice features,
such as using UINT_MAX rather than 0xffffffff.  So if you want to use his
patch version that would be fine.

Thanks for getting back to me on this patch.

Regards,
Chuck